Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Full Imersion Fantasy Adventure Pt1

Over the past 10 or more years, the gaming industry has become what I feared it would eventually become. Controlled by corporate junk-heads, game production houses are spitting out useless and horrible games with no imagination or innovation. There are still company's that have a creative edge, but not so many as to be noticed by the average gamer. This is one of my reason's to remain a Indie Developer, allowing me to keep my creative freedom without someone chopping up my ideas, and adding new elements because they believe it will sell more.

Over the past 4 years, I have been designing an adventure game that is unique, innovated, and to the point, would impact the gamer in a way that they would remember how much fun they had playing it. I have not come up with a title for this game, but once I start production I'm sure one will come to me that will best fit such a game.

There are many concepts and ideas I wish to implement in this game. I want it to always be in first person, from game play to cut scenes. This will allow the player to really feel like they are the character, seeing through his eyes, and playing out their life. The game will have a fantasy theme, but I do not want you to confuse 'fantasy' for elves, dwarfs, and goblins. The typical Tolkan genre game. It's a fantasy game because it is in no way similar to the earth we live on now. From flora, to animals, to intelligent life, everything you see in this game you will have never seen before. A grand undertaking you might say, but something that I believe will make a greater experience. I believe designing the world before the story is the best way to create such a game as well. It gives me a base for everything, and gives me the needed medium to tell the story. This game is meant to be not just a great adventure, but an escape from reality for the player. To let their imaginations run wild as they walk this world I created.

A lot of talk, and maybe my ego will get the best of me, but I will not quit this project ever. Whether it takes me a life time to create, I will see it through the end. I'm hoping to get the descriptions of the world and it's content up in the next few weeks. This was only an introduction into what I wanted to accomplish, and I hope people will read further into this creation as it unfolds.

No comments: